27. / 28.10.2018 WORKSHOP: PERMACULTURE SPECIALS
WATER RETENTION LANDSCAPE, FOOD FOREST, MICROORGANISMS...
In this workshop held by Daniel Stocker, coordinator of the permaculture project Monte Alegre in Alcaucín, Málaga, we will learn about Permaculture and very useful SPECIALS for arid zones like south Spain!
Arrival and dinner (optional)
Saturday 27.10.2018 09:00 - 19:00
- Opening Circle and getting to know each other.
- Getting an overview; Ethical principals, Principals of permaculture
- Water Retention Landscape
- Why we need that.
- What measurements there are, how to calculate and implement them.
- See the work on the Finca La Sacristía
- We will create a little hand dug swale together. (in practice)
- What is Soil and how to create it?
- SoilWeb: an overview of a healthy living soil.
- Microorganisms: how to cultivate and use them.
- Terra preta: what techniques there are to make biochar and how to activate it.
- Groasis System presentation with Rafael Toledo (Spanisch Groasis distributor)
- Special Guest Wiebe Soeboer (born on the 31.03.1950) will talk about how the plant world want to be our healthcare
Sunday 28.10.2018 09:00 - 19:00
- Opening Circle and question round.
- Food Forest
- What is it?
- How to start one in a arid / semi arid zone?
- Pioneer plants
- planting trees on the new swale and on other places using different techniques (in practice)
During the workshop we will serve you very delicious organic vegan food and offer accommodation. All on a donation basis.
- Workshop 80.-€
- Food 6.-€ / Meal
- Accommodation 5.-€ / Night
NOTE: Please bring your sleeping bag with you.
Daniel Stocker, from Switzerland, is working since more than five years on different Fincas in the Axarquía. His main project is Monte Alegre, where he applies his collected experience from working as a volunteer or attending as a student in workshops and seminars. For example in Tamera (Portugal), Lilleoru (Estonia), La Flessyer (France) amongst others. His main focus is on Water Retention Landscaping and reforestation, creating food forests in arid zones.
by cell phone:
+34 / 659 10 98 09
A very good book about creating a holistic, sustainable water management! Download for free!